Monday, October 31, 2011

Home

Finally, we are home!!  Three days of travelling, 4 flights, two hotels and hours in airports.  Our first flight to Costa Rica was only 1 hours and 15 minutes but we spent a total of 6.5 hours between hotels either in lines at airports or waiting for the hotel bus.  Our flight from Costa Rica to Toronto was two and a half hours late which means we didn't get to the hotel until after midnight and then we had to get up at five.  However, the kids didn't seem tired at all.  Especially Ricardo.  I think he was so excited to finally be in Canada that it over took any feelings of being tired.  I was glad to get home and I was welcomed by flowers and balloons from my friends Sandra and John!

Ricardo and Ali did great through all the travelling.  I am sure that Ricardo was starting to think that we live in airports and hotels.  When we finally got home, he was so excited and ran around the house pulling out all of Ali's toys.  I only had a few toys for him in his room as I didn't want to over whelm him but I forgot about Ali's toys.  Actually, I had imagined that things would be calmer but it was crazy.  He was running wild and Ali was leading him along from place to place.  I was still coming up the stairs when he found his room.  Within half an hour, he had a costume on and it stayed on for the rest of the day.  The house looks like a bomb hit it.



One thing that I was worried about was the dog.  The foster mother told me that Ricardo was frightened by dogs.  And my dog will bark at strangers who are in our house.  But there was no problem.  The dogs never barked and Ricardo liked the dog.  In fact, he is very interested in her.  He keeps pointing at her and watching everything she does.  He thought it was very funny when she went and slept in her dog bed.  There were no pets in the foster home so it must seem odd to him to have a dog in the home. 

I am exhausted.  It is going to take me days to get organized.  And weeks to get over the stress of the trip.  I think a big crash is coming for all of us. 



4 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for this post, and waiting and waitng. Praise the Lord! You have made my day. So glad to have you back, Wendy. Although, we've never met, I feel like I know you. Your children are absolutely beautiful, wonderful and you are so blessed to have them both, despite the journeys you have had to take. Welcome home Wendy, Ali and Ricardo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite entry by far....HOME SWEET HOME! Lacrimas de gozo....tears of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!! I know this first week is the hardest. I remember not being able to function for the first several days back. But, you are home and ready to start your new lives together. So happy for the 3 of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. you are so right. It has taken me awhile to get over the stress of the trip. maybe that is what my problem has been. 3 weeks home now and I am just starting to relax. I am so so happy that you are home now. It feels so wonderful doesn't it? Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete