Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 26

Today was a repeat of yesterday. Homework, some time on the roof, some time hanging out and dinner and bed.  This is our second day staying in and it has been very relaxing. 

The roof patio
The weather here has been rainy with the odd sunny break.  When the sun comes out we head to the roof.  Being on the roof reminds me of being in Kathmandu when I adopted Ali.  The patio is the same size, you can see the surrounding hills, you can hear the noise from the street and you can watch the planes landing and taking off from the airport.  When I was in Nepal I watched the planes everyday hoping that I would soon be on one.  I was desperate to leave and be on one of those planes.  I am looking forward to leaving Honduras and I am hoping that this week brings some good news.  There is a holiday tomorrow and I am not sure if IHNFA is working so we won't here anything until Tuesday. 


Ali and Ricardo enjoy the big chairs

A covered area on the roof

Another plane comes in to land

Ali has been very helpful during this trip and tonight she wanted to help with dinner by cutting up the vegetables and doing the dishes.  She is still homesick athought not as bad as last Monday and Tuesday.  She got to her homework even before I was up today and then did some more later on.  Ricardo likes learning and seems to enjoy the computer learning programs. 

Ali helps with dinner





No comments:

Post a Comment