Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 29

So, we waited all day.  We didn't go out this morning in case the President of the Committee could sign earlier.  We were down in the lobby just after 2:00.  The lawyer was stuck in traffic but got to the hotel at 2:30 and we were at IHNFA minutes later.  We sat in the lobby area for a while before the lawyer called the other family to go and sign the papers.  The kids played with paper air planes and did some colouring.  We moved outside and back in and then back out.  An hour later the other family emerged.  And it was my turn - NOT.  The president didn't show up!!!!  She was in another meeting regarding floods in the south of the country.  The other family had sat in an office somewhere, waiting, while I waited in the lobby.  I couldn't quite believe it but then I could believe it.  It is just so unbelieveable that it is laughable.  How many times are they going to cancel this meeting?  We don't care about any ceremony or photos just let us sign the papers.  It will only take minutes. 

We are SUPPOSED to sign tomorrow at 9:00 and once again I will put on the one dressy outfit I have and I will again put Ricardo into the shirt I bought him for the signing.

The sad part of all this is that Ricardo is getting upset everytime we go to IHNFA.  He thinks that we are going to the IHNFA he knows and that he will see his foster mother.  It has caused lots of tears everytime we come back.  I have tried to explain that it is a different IHNFA.  Today I think he is finally understanding a bit but everytime we go its like rubbing salt in his wounds.   And unfortunately, unless they sign the documents we are going to have to keep going back and going back.  And then he keeps asking "When are we going to Canada?".  I don't know what to say anymore.  And Ali spent half the time at IHFNA crying because she is homesick. 
When is this going to end???  Are they actually going to sign the papers tomorrow or do we have to spend another day sitting there waiting for someone to show up???? I am really not impressed.

4 comments:

  1. Speechless...I understand what you are describing but I have no words to use to describe it...my best friend said disrespectful, but I think you have reached that indescribable level...praying, Wendy...God is there...in the middle of it! Praising him for your children and lifting you up at this moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating!! I am sorry. Thinking of the 3 of you and hoping it all works out really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on Wendy. I know you are mentally drained. Can you skype with someone from home? Thinking of you all day everyday. Praying for you, Ricardo, and Ali. www.starfall.com is a great website too for learning the basics, but i think they started charging. You can still see enough of it though so Ricardo can start learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Wendy. I have been crying out to God on your behalf and have been asking Him to bring an end to this frustrating wait for you all. Hang in there. Oh, and just in case you need any more fun math websites for your children, try www.fun4thebrain.com

    ReplyDelete