Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 13 and 14

This was my view for 3.5 hours yesterday.



I sat here, outside my Dad's room watching the rain.  Ali swam in the pool for part of the time and Ricardo watched tv or played with this cars.  In the morning the weather was good, no rain, and we went for a short walk on the beach and then just sat while the kids played in the sand.  We came in for lunch and then the rain started.  It stopped some time in the night and it was torrential at times.  I must say that it was nice to just sit and chat.  I would never have time at home to just sit and watch the rain.  It was restful for sure. 


Ali swimming in the rain


Ricardo Playing

Today we woke to sun and, since the last two morning were nice before having rain in the afternoon, we decided to get up and at it.  No relaxing and taking our time.  We caught a taxi at nine and had a tour of the area.   We then went to town and were home by lunch.  We rushed through lunch so we could get to the beach before it rained.  Ricardo can play for hours in the sand using just bottles and water.  Ali and I jumped in the waves.  The beach is great for swimming as it stays very shallow for a long way out.  We jumped through waves for an hour before heading to the pool for more swimming finally coming in around three when it started to rain. 

Tomorrow my Dad leaves.  Ricardo has become very close to him and I had staff in the hotel explain to him that his grandad had to leave but he would see him in Canada.  Ali is also upset that he is leaving.  So am I.  It has been so nice having him here.  What makes it even harder is that I still don't have a date for signing the document although I am supposed to get one tomorrow.  We are supposed to hear by noon although I am not holding my breath.  Hearing by noon means that we will have to call the agency tomorrow evening to find out what happened during the day.  For sure, there won't be a date for Thursday as we have to travel 5 hours on a bus to get to Tegucigalpa and if we don't hear until the evening it would be impossible to get there for a day time appointment.  And I am sure it won't be Friday because its Friday and I am sure people are off or whatever.  Maybe Monday if not Wednesday because I thought I read somewhere that Tuesday was another holiday.  So I will probably be spending may more days at this beach.


Dad cooking dinner
Ali and Ricardo at the beach

Birds on the beach

After wave jumping

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the daily updates! I look forward to them! I hope you are able to get your date very soon!

    ReplyDelete