Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 24 and 25

Thank you everyone for the supportive comments, emails and positive thoughts.  It helps to ease the burden when you know others care.  A special thanks to friends who offered to help from Canada and sent me educational websites for the kids.  These sites will  provide some fun learning for them. 

Yesterday we arrived at the Humuya Inn where I rented a one bedroom apartment for 15 days.  The rates at this hotel are excellent if you are staying long term in one of their apartments.  The apartment has a full kitchen, living area and one bedroom.  The hotel was kind enough to set up two single beds in the bedroom for the kids.  This way I didn't have to rent a two bedroom apartment which was more money.

Living Room Area

Kitchen

Bedroom with extra beds
After arriving at the hotel we headed to Walmart to get groceries for the week.  Once back I did the laundry and made dinner.  Just like being at home!   The kids were really excited when we arrived here and they rushed to unpack.  They then spent an hour playing in the bedroom which gave me a rare bit of quiet time. 

Today we started our new routine of homework in the morning much to the dismay of Ali.  She fought hard against it but in the end she got all her work done.  I got Ricardo started on the letters and their sounds on one of the websites sent to me.  He also did printing and he is already very good at this.  I have started singing the Alphabet Song throughout the day and he is trying to follow along. 


Ali helping Ricardo learn the alphabet
This afternoon we were just lazy.  We spent some time on the roof top patio before the rains came back and then just hung out for the rest of the day. 

I feel some sort of release today.  I think it is because I have accepted that this is going to take a long time and cost alot more money then I planned. 

1 comment:

  1. Paz en la tormenta....peace in the storm!!! Such a beautiful picture of God's faithfulness!!! Chad advised me, back in 2009, that the money will all work out, one way or another and that I had to expect the worst, hope for the best and never give up!!! We are nearing the end, Wendy ...one way or another....hang in there!

    Love,

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete