Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 31



Ricardo with his passport
 AMAZING!!!  WE HAVE FINISHED EVERYTHING IN ONE DAY!!! WE CAN LEAVE HONDURAS!!!
I have our flights booked for Monday for Guatemala City.  We have a few days there to get the Canadian Visa and then start our trip home on Friday. 

The lawyer has been saying for the last week that she was working with everyone to get the registration and new birth certificate done quickly.  (Once the adoption is done they issue a new birth certificate with the child's new name).  It usually takes between two and three weeks after signing the adoption papers to get these two things done.  My lawyer said on Wednesday that she thought we would be done in a few days. Yesterday she told me that she was hoping to do the passports today but she would call and let me know.  She called last night and said that there was a problem but she would call by noon.  We stayed in all morning waiting just in case and at 12:30 she called and told me to get a taxi to immigration right away.  We were there half hour later. 

The passport was easy.  The other family went first and about 50 minutes later we went in.  I think it took 20 minutes for them to enter in Ricardo's information and to scan all the documents.  We then had to go and wait while the passport was made, about 45 minutes.  And we were done.  I had the final document in my hands. 

I am amazed that the lawyer got everything done so quickly.  I think this is because I am here with the other family.  They adopted three children and now are a family of seven, living in a hotel room.  And they needed to get home due to work issues.  I think she was working really hard to get everyone home.  And I am so thankful.

Just a few days left in Honduras now and we can enjoy them without worrying about signing dates and paperwork.  Just one step left in Guatemala! 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    Congratulations! I'm VERY happy for you and your childs! Your son is so nice! I wish you a good trip and thank you a lot for your blog and answers you sent me one time concerning the adoption process in Honduras. I wish you the best and to your childs too!
    Elise (registered on the list since august now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRULY AWESOME!!! SHOCKED & SURPRISED & SPEECHLESS AGAIN!!! FELICIDADES!!!! Such a sweet boy you have, Wendy!!! Love the close up of the HUGE smile....enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy! Happy! Happy!
    Felicidades!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a feeling it would work out this way and I am so happy for you. Still right on schedule even if nothing happened for 30 days or so. So happy you can leave the country and on the your FINAL step!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!! Your lawyer is great!! We really liked her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow and double wow, Wendy! Praising God along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! How awesome! What a relief for you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news Wendy! I'm surprised they could push it through that fast but happy they did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is so good and so faithful. I know it was hard , Wendy, but YOU MADE IT!!! Congratulations to you and your family. Safe and happy travels to Canada.
    Hugs,
    Kelli and family
    thestoryofthunderandlightning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our congratulations, Wendy! It is just amazing how things turned out! Thank you so much for recording your journey here in your blog.

    Good luck with the rest of the documents!

    Lena

    ReplyDelete