Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 17 and 18

Yesterday we moved to the Telamar Hotel, a big resort closer to town.  What a great treat!  We arrived at 1:00 pm after spending the morning at the beach at the other hotel and then going and getting our bus tickets for Sunday.  I was going to book the cheapest room at the hotel but when I phoned they said they had a surprise package.  With the surprise package you pay the same rate as the cheapest room but you could get any room in the hotel plus breakfast is included.  So I was hoping to get a better room and I did......I got an ocean view room!

We spent the afternoon in the fabulous pool.  The kids pool is great and Ricardo can walk around on his own and go down the slides by himself.  This is so much better for him then the pool at the other hotel.  For dinner we had a buffet and there was so much wonderful food. 

Today, we started out at the beach where the kids played with coconuts.  The beach here is so much cleaner then where we were before.  We moved to the pool after an hour because the kids couldn't wait to get back into the pool.  After a few hours, I needed a break from water so we walked to the grocery store in town.  We stopped at the bakery for cake and looked in a few stores.  We were only gone 1.5 hours and then it was back into the pool until 5:30. 

Tomorrow we take the bus to Tegucigalpa.  This is the trip that I should have taken two weeks ago.  However, I still do not have a signing date.  I do not know if I will be signing on Monday, Tuesday or some date the next week or the next or the next and so on.  I am not happy to leave Tela.  At least there is a beach and you can walk to town.  In Tegu we will be stuck in a hotel for who knows how long.  I would be happy if I knew we were going to sign this week but I don't know.  I have not heard from my agency so I have no idea.  All I know is that I can't afford to stay here forever and I have to get Ali back to school at some point.  All it takes to finish this adoption is a signature, one signature. 

PS.  I will load pictures later as the internet is way too slow tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment