Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 28

Ali and Ricardo at IHNFA
Today I had planned to do our usual homework routine in the morning and then go out to the Children's Museum for the afternoon.  That plan changed when I recieved an email first thing in the morning telling me that the lawyer would pick me up at 10:00 to go to IHNFA.  The email did not say we had a appointment only that the lawyer was trying to get one.  So at 9:30 the lawyer's son arrives to pick us up and we are soon at IHNFA.  The other family arrives shortly after.  And the waiting began. 

First, the lawyer was waiting for the President of the Commission to arrive.  She is the person who will now sign our papers.  We wait and wait.  Then the lawyer tells us that the president will come after lunch.  So I went back to the hotel for lunch and walked back at 1:00 and waited.  By 2:30 there is no sign of this women and Ali is hungry again so we walk back to the hotel and back to IHNFA again.  Still she is not there. At 3:30 we are told that the women is not coming to IHFNA so we decide to drive to another office where she is.  It took 25 minutes in traffic to get there.  We wait in the car while the lawyer goes inside.  Finally she calls and says that the women is in a meeting.  It is now after 4:00 and we have spent the whole day waiting for this one person.  We decide to go back to our hotels since we still might have to wait for hours.  The lawyer stays to wait for the women to see if she can meet her face to face and plead our case. 

We arrived back at the hotel sometime before 5.  The kids were tired from sitting and waiting all day.  I was tired too.  I had decided that I was not going to do this again.  It is just too unfair to the kids to sit for hours waiting.  But then the lawyer called at 7:30.  She had met the women and they made an appointment for 2:30 tomorrow.  That is good news but we have been here before so I am not getting my hopes up.  I am just goint to wait and see what happens tomorrow.  The good news is that I don't have to spend the morning sitting at IHNFA.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your 2:30 appointment actually happens this time and you can come home soon!

    ReplyDelete