Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 22

Today we were finally free to leave the room since we weren't expecting any important phone calls.  We started out at the pool.  The kids swam while I just relaxed in a chair.  The water is very cold in the pool so the kids didn't say in long.  The weather here in Tegu is cooler than the North Coast.  It is very comfortable but often cloudy.  Since the pools aren't heated and its not really hot, the kids are not as interested in the pool as they were at the other hotels. 

After hanging out in the room for a bit, we decided to head to the Cascada Mall.  The mall is really nice and has a few things for kids such as bumper cars, a train and climbing equipment.  It also allows room for the kids to run as they can't burn all their energy in a small hotel room.  Hopefully, once we sign tomorrow we won't have long left to be here. 

Ricardo has been doing really well.  I am amazed.  I thought he might be upset with moving hotels again but it doesn't seem to bother him.  He seems to be happy most of the time although he does sometimes get mad if Ali tells him to do something.  Ali is very mothering and he gets annoyed with this.  He is shy with other kids and will also sit apart from Ali and I as if he doesn't belong.  I think that he just sees me as another caregiver at the moment and I really don't think that it will move beyond this until we are at home and I can have some time alone with him while Ali is in school.  Ali is very jealous so it is hard to have a moment with him without Ali getting into the middle of it.  I also think that there is alot of exciting new experiences for Ricardo right now and that things will change once we are home and into a routine.  I expect to have alot more emotion once the honeymoon is over. 

I have been totatly exhausted the last few days.  I think it is the stress over the constant delays. 


Pool


Hotel and pool

Ricardo in the kids pool

Ali in the room


1 comment:

  1. Which hotel is this? It looks rather nice? My fingers are crossed for you for next Tuesday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete