Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween and the first day home

I was hoping for a quiet day today but it ended up being a busy day.  It was quiet for the first two hours but then we had to head out.  First, I needed clothes for Ricardo.  He was down to one pair of jeans and one pair of socks.  So he was in is glory getting new clothes and pjs and slippers.  When we were trying clothes on he said that everything fit perfectly even if it didn't.  I guess he wanted everything no matter what. 
Second, I needed Halloween stuff.  Make up for Ali, candy etc.  We had to go to a few stores to get Vampire teeth since some stores had sold out.  Ali already had a cape and Ricardo had a costume that Ali wore a few years back.  He put it on as soon as he got up. 

And then Third, I wanted to get the final papers done for the Canadian Citizenship Certificate.  This involved a short form and a letter to explain that the Embassy in Guatemala had taken the photos from me and that I wanted all my documents back.  Of course my printer died so I also had to go somewhere to get documents photocopied and the letter printed off before heading to the post office.

Then it was time to go home to carve the pumpkin.  Ricardo was not sure what we were doing but he soon caught on and helped to clean out the insides.  Ali carved one pumpkin and Ricardo and I did the other.  Then it was time to get ready.  Ali did her own make-up and then wanted to do Ricardo's. 

Ricardo with the pumpkins



Ali the make-up artist


All set to go out trick or treating

We headed out the door at 6:30.  Ricardo must think he has landed in a fantasy land.  You wear costumes all day and then go out at night and get candy.  He wasn't frightened by anything and was really fasinated by the flash light.  And once he got the first candy, he was running from door to door.  We headed towards the local park where there was a pumpkin walk through the park.  Hundreds of  pumpkins are set along a trail in the woods.  The kids liked it but were getting tired so we headed home. 


Pumpkins in the woods

Hopefully, things will be calm now for the next few weeks.  Ricardo has just been so wound up with everything and then we had Halloween on top of it all.  Ali is going back to school and I will have the first time alone with Ricardo.  We need to establish some routines and some guidelines.  This is my focus for the next few weeks. 

1 comment: