Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Ali



Yesterday Ali turned 8 years old!  We celebrated her birthday on Saturday.  We (or maybe I should say "I") decided against having a big party.  I didn't think I could handle the stress of organizing a party and that a house full of screaming girls might be a bit much for Ricardo.  So instead she invited her frient Hannah over for two days.  We started out with some free playtime followed by lunch and cake.  We then headed to Nanaimo to see Puss in Boots, 3D.  Ricardo had never been to the movies before and he was really excited.  The movie even had some Spanish words in it.  Ricardo is still talking about the movie.

After the movie we had dinner at a local restaurant followed by 5 pin cosmic bowling.  I haven't been bowling in years.  My first time up I got a strike but I quickly went down hill from there.  Hannah won!  Ricardo had never been bowling and both girls coached him.  He had some pretty good shots. 

Hannah stayed the night and the girls (and myself) did not get much sleep.  Sunday was spent playing in the morning and then we headed to the park and the beach in the afternoon. 

Ali enjoyed her birthday and was not upset at not having a big party.  It was much easier on me, no stress.   I think we will do something similar for her birthday next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment