Friday, June 17, 2011

Third Day

Well, what a great day!!  My son is wonderful and was so excited.  He is a shy which is understandable under the circumstances. 

We got to the IHNFA offices at 9:00 and he and his foster mother arrived at 9:30.  I saw him coming through the window.  He came in and it was very emotional.  We then went into an office and a Social Worker went though his file and gave me the pictures they had from when he was a baby.  She also gave instructions to myself and the foster mother.  We were told that we were to spend the next three days together from 10:00 to 6:00 and that the foster mother was to give us some time alone. 

Next we headed to the mall to by him some clothes.  He was so excited!  He loves orange and red so everything he bought, except the jeans, were this colour.  He likes blocks so I picked up some Lego.  The grocery store was the next stop.  The foster mother picked out what she need while I pushed him around in the shopping cart.  He didn't seem familiar with a big grocery store or shopping carts and when he saw another kids riding in the cart that is what he wanted to do. 

After the shopping was done we headed to his home.  His lives in a neat little house with his foster mother and three other foster children.  The house was neat and clean and the children were well cared for.  We sat on the front patio and watched the children playing with the Lego which was a huge hit.  We spent some time looking through the photo book I brought with me.  We weren't there long when the lawyer's daughter said that he wanted to see my hotel.  So we headed there next. 

He was excited by the hotel especially the playground.  I don't think he has been to many playgrounds as I had to show him how to use the swing and the slide.  He was so excited and just ran from one thing to another.  And then back to the hotel room and then back to the playground. 

Dinner followed and I had a chance to ask the foster mother questions about my son and his life and likes and dislikes.  He was very well behaved in the restaurant and ate everything.  They headed home around 7:30.  It was a jam packed exciting day.

PS.  I won't post pictures of him until I am through the court system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment