Thursday, June 16, 2011

Second Day

Today started out with a visit to the Court to register my papers.  I had to sign a few things but I did not see the rest of the documents that made up the large file.  We arrived and went through security and then walked to a large room with lots of people waiting.  We went past them to one of the clerks at the front and we handed over my file.  They checked my passport and we were done.  We were in and out in under 10 minutes. 

Then it was time for the testing at IHNFA.  First up was the MMPI which I have done before except this time it was done with pencil and paper filling in lots of little circles.  I went with the first answer that popped into my head on this and didn't stress it too much. 

The second part was a set of questions that took up about three or four pages.  There were questions like:

     What was the event that left the most impression in your life.

     What was the happiness event.

     What was the saddest.

     Name someone you admire

     Name someone you don't like

     If you had your life over what would you become. 

I really had to think about some of these questions and I am sure if I wasn't in a stressful situation I would have done a better job answering them.  I didn't have to draw a picture of a person as other people before me have had to do.

I was done the whole process in under 2 hours which was very fast according to my lawyer.  I had to wait an hour for her to pick me up as she expected me to be longer. 

Then it was off to the bus station to catch the bus to San Pedro Sula were my son lives.  The bus was very luxurious and they handed out blankets and pillows and drinks and snacks.  The air conditioning was freezing so the blankets were a necessity.  The journey took just over 4 hours and seemed slow due to construction on the road. 

The hotel is the Villa Nuria and it took about half an hour from the bus station.  The rooms are like little apartments with two bedrooms and a small kitchen.  There is also a great pool, playground and restaurant.  The lawyer and her daughter (who speaks great English) are staying in the room with me. The room is $64 a night for the three of us and will be reduced to $59 when I am on my own.  

Tomorrow is the big day.  I get to meet him!!!!!

Shots of the Hotel

Kitchen Area

View to Living Room

One of the Bedrooms

My Room under the Stairs

The Pool


No comments:

Post a Comment