Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First Day

Today I had my interviews at IHNFA.  The first interview was with the psychologist and lasted one hour.  She was very nice and asked me questions about my upbringing, family, school years etc.  She also asked about how I parent and how I plan to deal with issues that will arise once my son joins our family. 

Next was the interview with the Social Worker.  She was super nice and had the same name as my sister which started us off discussing my family.  She had read through my whole file and home study and made comments about my daughter and my family.  Her questions where similar to the first set.  She also asked my thoughts on the Honduran adoption program in comparison with Nepal.  This interview also lasted an hour.

When the interviews were done my lawyer was busy so the interpreter took me back to the hotel.  He offered first to take me to the big mall since he had to go there anyway.  So we went to the mall where many of the stores were the same as in Canada.  After this it was back to the hotel for lunch and some time relaxing on the roof. 

The Humuya has wireless Internet and some computers.  I couldn't get the computers to work right so I will stick to my Ip*d for emails and catch up this blog when I get home.

View from the roof of the Hotel.






 It rained in the late afternoon which was refreshing.  The temperatures have been in the high 20s F.

No comments:

Post a Comment