Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back like a boomerang

For the last couple weeks I have been rushing around trying to complete more adoption paperwork.  Some of this is for the BC Agency.  They required a new police report, a new child abuse check and a form outlining changes to my homestudy so that an update can be done.  All of this is required so that my agency can request a Letter of No Objection from our BC Government.  I will then present this letter to our immigration office in Guatemala on the final trip.  All of this was straight forward and expected. 

The two documents requested from the judge in Honduras were not expected and they were required ASAP.  So I put all my energy into running around, begging the doctor's office to squeeze me as I couldn't wait, using holiday time so I could leave work and reach the courier office on time.  I was so releived on Tuesday when I walked out of the courier office knowing that it was done.

On Thursday morning I got an email from my agency saying that they had made an error and they were sending my documents back to me!!  So all my rushing was for nothing.  I won't recieve these documents until Monday or Tuesday and then by the time I rush them to the notary and back to the courier office, it will be Wednesday or Thursday before they arrive at the Honduran Consulate.  One whole week lost. 

When my dossier went on this journey last year through the consulate and the Ministry of FA it took 11 weeks.  My agency insists that it will be shorter this time because of fewer documents and that they are hoping people will rush things along.  Well if this is an example of how things are going to go then it will take at least 11 weeks to get there if not longer. 

I now know that I will not be going back in September.  My paperwork won't arrive until the end of September if eveything goes well.  Then it has to go through the court.  My agency said that the court would be working on the rest of my file so it won't slow things down.  Really?! If the documents don't arrive until the end of September its already taken two weeks longer then it should have been.  And then the new documents have to be looked at.  I think a better estimate is to count the three months for the court process after my documents arrive which would put the court approval date at the end of December.  That will be six months after my first trip.  All of this is just totaly unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment