Friday, July 22, 2011

One more piece done

I got a surprize email today from my BC Agency.  They recieved my Letter of No Objection (LONO) from the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development.  I wasn't expecting this until the end of August.  In fact, I was going to call my agency to see what else had to be done to get the LONO.  I did some of the steps: new police check, new prior contact check and filled out a form detailing any changes to my homestudy.  I guess that was all I needed to do. 

The LONO letter is required as part of the immigration process.  It lets immigration agents know that the Ministry has reviewed my homestudy and my referral and they have no objections to the match.  The letter was sent to the immigration office in Guatemala.  They already have information on my case from my application for citizenship which I submitted in the Spring.  The next stage will be filling out the second set of forms and submitting them to the immigration office.  I think that is done once the adoption is complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment