Monday, May 30, 2011

REFERRAL!!!!!!



Finally!!!!! I have referral for a six year old boy!!!! I can't believe it has finally happened!  I am very very happy and also very relieved.  Relieved that I can put the "wait for a referral" part of the journey behind me. 

I have know for a while that I was close to receiving a referral.  I just had to wait for the next meeting which was difficult when I knew good news would be coming.  My agency phoned me on Friday, May 20 to let me know that the Matching Committee had met and that we would receive the documents on the next Wednesday.  Wednesday evening I got the news that I had been matched to a six year old boy.  All the documents were in Spanish but my case worker's native language is Spanish so she translated the documents for me.  Of course I accepted and my acceptance letter was sent that evening. 

Oh, I am just so happy!!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!!! So happy for you!! Doing the happy dance! Such a beautiful word to see in the title of a post, "Referral" Love that word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! So happy for you! I can't wait to hear more about your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I saw your post just now. I am very happy for you. This is great! I look forward to see your little boy. All the best for a smooth process.

    ReplyDelete