Saturday, May 21, 2011

Little area of hope



This is my little area of hope.  It contains a few things of interest to me that remind to stay positive during this adoption process.  It started with the BELIEVE stone that I bought when Nepal was at a stand still due to a lack of a Minister.  I then added the vase of pussy willows that Ali and I picked last year on a very warm day in February.  There are small shells from Mexico that Ali added and she also contributed small stones and a glass sun.  At Easter she gave me the painted rock and I added a shell off our local beach.  Of course lately I have been putting flowers from the adoption trees here too.  The Buddha I bought in Nepal last year and there is a small angel that a friend gave me years ago. 


The most interesting item here is the carved stone.  It is from Honduras.  Last year at work, I met a man who had spent two or three years in Honduras in the fifties when it was undeveloped.  There were hardly any roads and no electricity.  His job was to establish banana plantations and during cultivation, they turned up hundreds of broken carvings.  He gave me this small piece.  I am sad to say that he died last week so he won't get to meet my son.  I was lucky to meet him and share in his stories.  Hopefully, his little carving will bring me some luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment