Monday, May 9, 2011

A Mother's Day Weekend Get-a-Way

A couple of months ago I signed up for a yoga retreat without realizing that it was Mother's Day weekend.  But what a wonderful treat for Mother's Day especially since I went with my Mother.  The retreat was in Honeymoon Bay which was only 40 minutes from my Mother's but seemed like it was a world away.  The room was lovey and the beds had huge big cosy quilts.  The food was fantastic and all vegetarian.

We started with a Yoga class at four on Friday followed by a great dinner and then Relaxation Yoga (my favourite on a Friday Night).  There were two more classes on Saturday with free time in the afternoon which my Mother and I spent in the hot tub and sleeping.  I never get to sleep in the middle of the day so this was a real treat.  Sunday we had walking mediation to the lake and more yoga.  I got home in time to spend the afternoon with Ali. Ali brought me this statue which was very appriopriate.

Surprisingly, I was not that stiff after spending 10 hours doing in Yoga in one weekend.  I am lucky if I get to do 10 hours of yoga in one month.  The classes were well paced and still provided fun and challenging poses.  And we went to bed so early that I was well rested.  It was a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment