Thursday, May 5, 2011

What to do when you need money

Sometimes a girl just needs some cash.  Especially when you have your heart set on purchasing an ip*d and you only have 2 dollars.  So, my suggestion was simple.  Save your allowance and earn some extra money by doing some jobs around the house.  I was not about to spend over $200 on an item for a seven year old that would probably be lost in the first week. 

Yesterday, Ali came home and decided that she was going to start a business picking up dog dirt from other people's yards.  I think she got this idea from my parents who pay someone to do this dirty deed.  The problem with this plan, besides the fact that I didn't want her hands near any dog dirt, was that I would have to go with her from house to house and I would be the one who ended up doing the work.  And since I don't like picking up in my own yard, I wasn't about to do it in someone else's.

Today, Ali decided we needed to have a garage sale.  I explained that Saturday would be a good day and that we could advertise and gather together some items to sell.  Ali did not want to wait until Saturday and half hour after our conversation, I looked out of the window to see this.....

Ali's garage sale.  Just after six on Wednesday evening.  She is holding a sign that says "Garage Sale.  All items $5.99 each".  Unfortunately, she didn't have any sales.  Maybe she will go back to saving her allowance instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment