Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Tiny Step

I got word from my agency today that my dossier has been notarized and it will be sent onto the next step tomorrow. This is one small step in the many that this package has to go through before it gets registered with the Ministry in the Child's Country. The steps and time estimates are as follows.

Notarization - 1 week - COMPLETED
Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa - 1-2 weeks
Consulate of Child's Country - 1 week
Courier to Child's Country - 1 week
Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Child's Country - 2 weeks
Translation of Dossier - 1-2 weeks
Other courier time - 1 week
Total- 8 to 10 weeks

So with one week done, I am down to 9 weeks of waiting. I am going with the longest time estimate and in fact I won't be surprized if they take longer then 2 weeks at Foreign Affairs in Ottawa as last time I did this it took 3 weeks and I know of others who were 6 weeks. I will keep my fingers crossed that FA is quick with my dossier.

No comments:

Post a Comment