Friday, July 9, 2010

Dossier is on its way

So I have finished my dossier and it is on its way. It will take a few months for it to be notarized, authenicated, translated etc. I don't expect it to be registered in the country until October. I find this a bit hard as I can't even start to count down the months until a referral until it is registerd and gets a number. At least it is on its way and I don't have the work of gathering documents anymore. This dossier was much harder then the one for Nepal. Once it is registered, I will feel that one giant step is completed. Oh, the wait time for a referral, I am told, is 18 - 24 months. I am going with the 24 and if I add the three months until October this means a 27 month wait.

I have promised myself that I will not stress out about this adoption like I did for the Nepal one. For two years I followed the Yahoo groups like crazy. In the last year, I was on them several times a day as we went through changes of Ministers, delays, festivals, yet another delay, changes in staff, another long delay for no reason and finally the Hague report and the outfall from that. This time, I am not thinking about it. Fortunately, the yahoo group for this country is hardly active and there are no other ways of following what is happening. And this is a relief. No daily ups and downs. I am just going to patiently wait until my referral. This may be easier said then done.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment