Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Little Update

I emailed my agency today, just to see where things are at. I must admit that I am quite proud of myself as I managed to wait almost two weeks without emailing. There wasn't alot of news. My dossier is in Ottawa at the Consulate (of the country I am adopting from)and the Consulate will take my dossier to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization. Apparently the Min of EA will only take 10 pages at a time unless you send it in my mail. However, if you send it in my mail it takes 6 to 8 weeks. If the Consulate takes the papers in a few at a time they can get it done in a couple of weeks. Then the Consulate will authenticate the dossier. Does this make your head spin? And this is only the begining of an almost endless journey for this document. I am going to be even more patient over the next few weeks and wait until mid month before I check back with my agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment