Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Canadian Citizenship

Last week, I received Ricardo's Canadian Citizenship certificate in the mail.  This was the last big thing to happen for this adoption.  I have always felt that once I had this document, I would be finished.  The only thing left to do is to apply for BC Medical, since I needed the Citizenship card for this.  I have the form all filled out and will be taking it in this week.  Then I can get a passport and that will be the end of the paperwork.  Except post placement reports of course but I see those as something separate and not part of the completing the adoption.

The best news is that I got all my documents back.  When I was in Guatemala, the immigration officer took all the original adoption documents including Ricardo's birth certificate.  I was worried I wouldn't get these back but they were all there in the envelope.  That was a relief because getting a new birth certificate costs $200 US and I doubt I would be able to get the new copies of the adoption documents.

When I showed Ricardo his certificate he said "Beautiful".  The blue document below contains the signature that took us so long to get.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so eager to hear how school is going. Can you post and let us know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth. I will be posting about school tomorrow. Wendy

    ReplyDelete