Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas is Coming

Dressed for the Concert
The last few weeks have been very busy getting ready for Christmas.  Last week the kids were busy at school with Christmas events.  The highlight was the Christmas Concerts.  There were two, one for the English program and one for the French Immersion program so I got to see two concerts.  Ricardo's Concert was first.  As you can see from the photo below, Ricardo did not enjoy the Christmas Concert.  In fact, the whole last week of school was highly stressful for him.    I think it was the constant practising of the song and then every day there was some event at school.  There was just no routine and he was stressed out about the whole thing.  I now regret putting him into school before the holidays.  I didn't realize that they would spend over a week celebrating Christmas.  It was just too much for him.

On stage

Singing the Christmas Song

Ali's concert was the next day.  I actually saw Ali in both concerts as she is in the choir.  Ali enjoyed doing her song.  However, most of Ali's week was normal I guess because she is in a higher grade.  They made cookies one day and that was it.

There was also a Christmas store at school.  People donated items and the kids could go in and buy a gift for a family member.  I spent the day at the school wrapping gifts the kids had bought for their family.  It was so cute seeing what they had bought their parents.  I was there when Ricardo came in and helped him shop since he didn't understand what he was supposed to do.

My sister also visited last week.  She had not met Ricardo yet as she doesn't often get weekends off.  She stayed 4 days and we visited the Milner Gardens Christmas light display.  We also went to a Christmas Play which Ricardo really enjoyed.  Ricardo really likes Tia Jackie as they both like the colour Orange.

Now that school is over, Ricardo is doing much better and he is looking forward to Santa coming.  Although, I don't think he really knows what that means and, since he is only speaking a tiny bit of English, I can't get an answer from him about what happened in Honduras.  I am sure he will enjoy Christmas Day.  Merry Christmas!

At Milner Gardens with Tia Jackie

Visiting with Santa

Ricardo and Ali








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Christmas chaos stresses out my Honduran husband...BIG TIME! One thing to be aware of...they celebrate at midnight Christmas Eve, so anything earlier or later could be confusing...however, the food is the highlight...particularly, Honduran tamales, which totally different from Mexican tamales. My guess is that Papa Noel and gift giving will be completely foreign and confusing...It will be nice just to relax! More pictures..they are beautiful! Feliz navidad y mucho paz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Wendy, Ali and Ricardo! I hope you enjoy your first Christmas together and that Santa is good to all of you.
    Take care,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete