Thursday, August 25, 2011

Delivered to the Judge

I heard from my agency over the weekend that my documents were delivered to the Court on August 9th.  I was really excited to hear this!  No more thinking about where my documents are.  I was hoping that the Judge would now have everything and could move forward but I found out today that the report from IHNFA has not been done.  IHNFA needs to write a report summarizing the testing that I did during the first trip.  I believe the report also summarizes all the information submitted in the dossier.  It is not uncommon for this report to take between two and three months.  It has been 10 weeks since I did my testing at IHNFA so I hope this report is done soon.   Once the report goes to the Judge it is just a matter of weeks before you get your travel date to go back. 

Yesterday my friend Monica came over.  She was raised in Mexico so speaks prefect Spanish.  We called the foster mother and talked to my son!  The foster mother told us that my son asks everyday when I will come back for him.  Everyday they look at my picture and she tells him that I will be coming back.  While we were talking to the foster mother my son started to pack his clothes in anticipation of me coming. 

While it is hard for me to wait for my return to Honduras, it is so much harder on him.  I am sure that he does not understand why it is taking so long.   I tried to explain but I am not sure he understood.  The foster mother has had other foster children adopted so she understands that it takes time.

I really wish for us both that this wait will soon be over.  I am praying that this report will be done by next week.   

1 comment:

  1. I will also pray for the report. It is cute like your son is waiting you. Yes I think it is very hard to understand for a child. It is good the foster mother knows and can explain him. I really hope you can travel soon and bring him home. Wish you lots of patience and hope the hard waiting time is soon over. best regards reg

    ReplyDelete