Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Camping Again

My Mom at our campsite
We went camping last weekend for the third time this year.  We stayed at Miracle Beach which is just over an hour away from us.  I can't believe that I haven't been camping here before.  It is such a lovely campground located just off the beach.  The best part is that 95% of the people camping there have kids.  There are over 200 camping sites here which means there are hundreds of kids.  It only takes Ali a few minutes to find a friend and off they go around the campground on their bikes.  I don't have to entertain her at all. 

My parents joined us last weekend and we spent many hours on the beach.  My parents were at a different site and each morning Ali would get up and hop on her bike to visit her grandparents.  This gave me a chance to lay in!  We spent Saturday relaxing in the morning before heading to the beach in the afternoon.  It was cloudy so Ali didn't want to swim so we built sandcastles instead.  We headed back to my parents site in the late afternoon.  Ali must have had too much fresh air as she said she wanted a nap, something that hasn't happened since she was three. We all enjoyed an afternoon snooze. 


Sunday was rainy but we still enjoyed ourselves.  We went to the beach in the rain and continued playing in the sand.    Next year I am going to do more camping especially when there is such a great site so close to home. 

Rainy day at the beach





No comments:

Post a Comment