Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Nepali New Year 2068

Happy New Year! 

Ali and I attended the Nepali New Years celebration in Victoria last weekend and we had a good time.  Ali really enjoyed it because of the other Nepali kids.  There was dancing and music and food, Nepali of course.  I got to catch up with friends and met some new ones.  I really miss living close to the group of other adoptive parents and I feel that Ali is missing out since the other families do alot together.  To compensate, I am going to attend more weekend events this year even if I have to travel a few hours to do it.  We have already planned an event in June and there is also the annual camp out in August.  Some of the kids< including Maya, are learning Punjabi dance (there are no Nepali dance lessons so this is the next best thing).  They performed some of their dances and did an excellent job!
Maya, Linda and Ali

We stayed the night at a friend's, MaryEllen and Maya, and Ali did not get much sleep.  The girls went to bed late and were up early.  The morning was spent playing and singing.

Free morning concert!
A highlight for Ali was going to the pool.  We have been to the pool before but this time Ali and Maya got to go in ALL BY THEMSELVES.  MaryEllen and I sat at the side of the pool.  Both girls are very good swimmers so there was no problem letting them swim on their own.  The part they need to work on is getting themselves showered and dressed after the swim. It took them over half an hour in the change room and the only reason they weren't longer is that we kept going in to move them along. 

So, after only five hours sleep and over two hours of swimming, Ali was a sleep within five minutes on the drive home. 

4 comments:

  1. Just checking in. How are you doing? It has been weeks since you posted. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I have been without a computer for a month but have a new one now. I hope to catch up with my blogging this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,
    I need an email so I can send you an invite for my blog. whereswaldos.blogspot.com. Thanks for following! Your daughter is beautiful and I look forward to following you along on your next journey.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete