Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adoption Trees

I have been running under these trees on my lunch for the last few years and everytime I am running under them I am thinking of one thing: adoption.  And whenever they have been in flower they have brought some relief to me and help me feel hope when sometimes there has been none.  Each year I think to myself, "When these trees flower next year I will be home with my son."

The first time I ran under these trees in flower I was in total frustration because my agency was taking so long to get my dossier to Nepal.  I would come home for lunch, check the computer for an email from my agency and head out the door frustrated over a lack of email or continued stalling.  Still I had hope that the next time these trees flowered I would be home with my son.

The second time these trees were in flower I was fighting with the government to allow the 2009 families to complete their adoptions from Nepal.  I hoped that we could move forward and by the time the trees flowered in 2011 I hoped that I would have my son.
This year, the trees have flowered again but I still don't have my son.  Each time during the last few weeks that I have run under the trees I have prayed that by next year my son will be home and this adoption journey completed.  I also picked one blossom each time to bring me luck. 

I pray that by this time next year I am home with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment