Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The continuing saga of the psychology report

Well, after the rejection up my updated report in October, I waited for the Ministry of Adoption to send out some guidelines.  Did we get this?  No, all we got was a letter saying that the report had to include an analysis.  So, the day before going on vacation I had to call my psychologist to redo the report although I didn't really know what he had to change.  I was calling him and emailing my agency in Ontario.  And I left believing that my agency would talk to my psychologist and get a new report sent out.  So a week or so into my vacation I checked my email expecting to see the new report.  Nothing.  I asked my agency if they had heard anything.  No, they hadn't heard.  So during my third week I was trying to get my psychologist to talk to my agency to get this worked out.  By the time I got home, the report was done and being scanned to the lawyer in the country.  Finally, I thought this would all be over.

REJECTED.  This is the message I got yesterday.  NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  The five page document was not enough.  Apparently, my psychologist didn't write enough about my personality.  I called him and his response was that he had written enough.  I couldn't seem to explain what needed to be done.  I looked at some examples that were sent to me and then sent an email.  No response.  I tried calling today.  No response.  He was supposed to call my agency today.  Didn't happen.

So now I don't know what to do.  I need this report done so that it can be accepted and yet my psychologist doesn't think he needs to change anything.  I don't know what to do at this point.  I mean, this adoption will be over if I don't get this report done and done right.

I am so tired of this.  It has been going on for over 2 months with no end in site.  Tomorrow I will have to try calling again and if there is again no response or if he tells me he can't do anymore, I am going to have to decide on whether to remove my dossier or pay another $1,000 for a whole new evaluation and testing report.  Plus, this will delay the whole thing by 3 months.  This is just unbelievable.  I just don't know what the answer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment