Monday, February 14, 2011

Immigration

I finally got around to doing my immigration paperwork.   I went the citizenship route after my agency recommended this route as it is much easier.  In Canada we have two options: citizenship or permanent resident visa.  With the resident visa a medical is required which can cause delays with the process.  With the citizenship route a medical is not required.  The paperwork was straight forward and they were looking for proof that I was a Canadian citizen so along with the forms I needed to send in notarized copies of my birth certificate, passport etc.  Once everything is reviewed and approved, I will get a case number and the second set of forms.  These will be filled out once the adoption is complete.  I am not sure how long it will take to get my case number. 

I waited a while to fill out the immigration forms as I thought the approval was only good for a year but it turns out it won't expire for two years.  Plus, I now think that I am going to get a referral very soon and I want to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment